Thursday, December 13, 2007

Luganville - The Mighty Metropolis

You're getting lucky another post. Although this one much shorter than the previous. Now that we have an internet connection at home, I am enjoying this. One reader requested a couple of pictures of the town of Luganville. So here are seven pictures that I took when I was visiting here in October 2007 to see just what the place looked like.

This is the municipal building. I read its been under renovations for months or more. But I noticed yesterday that the scaffolding is starting to come down. I guess I'll have to go take another picture.



This is the farmers market. The village people (not the 1980's group) from near and far come here to sell their produce.



Here we are doing some shopping in the market. The market is interesting for several reasons. One is that the vendors sleep under the tables at night. They will stay a few nights until their goods are sold.




The butcher. Apparently Santo Beef is world famous for its high quality, and a specialty exporter to Japan.




Here is the fancy part of town. I'll have to get some shots of the derelict part and show that. Its interesting how media can manipulate the uniformed. I post one or two nice pics you think its a clean fancy place, I post a few others and the foreign aid will start arriving.



The Baha'i Centre were we are staying. How do you like my tan (steve`s tan)? When I live in a foreign country, I try to dress like the locals in order to blend in.



The road in front of the Baha'i Centre. Pretty good surface, not many pot holes at all.

No comments: